ST.THOMAS HIGH SCHOOL THIROOR

M G KAVU  (P O)    THRISSUR   680 581

                                                It is one of the largest schools in Thrissur district. About  2,000 students are studying here. This school comes under the corporate management of Thrissur Archdiocese. It is situated in Kolazhy  Panchayath, 8 km away from Thrissur town and it is very close to Thrissur Medical College. Even though the school is located near the city it boasts off the peaceful and calm surroundings. As it situates in the peaceful atmosphere of St. Thomas church and Vadakurumba temple, it is a source of inspiration to all the future generations.

       

        Rev. Fr. Mathew Palayoor was the founder of St. Thomas Primary School in 1915. The school started in a small thatched shed with some teachers who stood for sincerity and dedication.       It was upgraded to high school in 1943. It was first headed by Mr. K. Rama Panickar. Rev. Fr. Peter Aloor had been the manager as well as the headmaster from 1947 to 1965. His dedication and guidance made this school to reach the present esteemed position.

    

       In the last few years school is scoring high results in S S L C examination. In 1971 we got only 28% of results  and  gradually we attained improvement in our results .In 1997-1998 Simi Jose added a feather on our cap securing  13th rank  (574/600)  in the S S L C examination. This year (2007-2008), with Godís grace, we proudly celebrate our 100% result as well as the second position in the schools of Corporate Educational Agency. For this we have been awarded  a trophy by  Rev. Fr. Andrews Thazhath, Arch Bishop of Thrissur Archdiocese for this achievement.      Our school has played a major role in providing a suitable environment to shape mastermind of several intellectuals. It has to its credit several top professionals like late  Sri.N R Sreenivasa Iyer(retd. I.G), Sri. Joe Paul Anchery(former national football player) etc.

 

     Our school comes under Thrissur educational district (sub district: Thrissur East). Shri. Kuttikkatt Antony Babu, the   Headmaster of our school has played a significant role for the  allround development of the students. Rev. Fr. Antony Thekkanath, the Manager, has also taken a vital role for the improvement of this school. We have twenty four divisions in high school section and twenty divisions in upper primary section. Sixty dedicated teachers and seven non- teaching staffs are working here. Computer classes for all students in the school started in the year 2001-2002.  2004 onwards we started English medium division from Vth standard. In the same year we introduced special uniform for students on Wednesdays.  All managers and dedicated Parents Teachers Association helped the school to reach this level of excellence.

 

      All of us here sincerely hope that the young stars of this sky reach the greatest height in the galaxy. May the Lord grant the wisdom and sincerity to the teachers, P T A, and management to nurture the young plants to grow up into well rooted shady trees of knowledge.