ST.Joseph's Model H S S kuriachira is an unaided but recognized English Medium Higher Secondary School for boys and girls following the kerala State Syllabus. It is situated at Kuriachira near canal stop, Half Kilometer south away from Kuriachira centre.

The school was started in 1961 as per Kerala G.O. (MS) No.422/Edn dated Trivandrum 24.7.1961.Sri.V.V.Giri, former Indian President, inaugurated this institution. This English Medium Residential School was established chiefly for the benefits of the Catholic Minority Community as per the provision of the Article 30(1) of the Indian constitution .Acharya J.C.Chiramal (Chakkoru Master) is the founder of the school .It was managed by his son Fr.Antony Jees .After their death the school was entrusted to the Archdiocese of Trichur.

Kindergarten and Lower Primary sections began to the functioned here in 1993 and 1995 respectively. The high school was upgraded to Higher Secondary School as per G.O. (MS)No.221/2002/G.Edn. Dated Thiruvanthapuram 23-07-2002.The teacher Training Institute was started in this Educational complex in 2005 as per Order No.F KL/SEC/NR/96/SRO/NCTE/2004-2005/1630 dated 31-03-2005 of the NCTE Bangalore and G.O. (MS)No.394/2005/G.Edn.dated Thiruvanthapuram 25-10-2005.its aim is to impart sound, intellectual, moral and physical education to the pupils, so as to make them good and useful citizen of India.

From 1967 onwards our 41 batches appeared for the S S L C Examination .Most of them we got 100% result. Shammy, Taha, Mahesh, Sanju and Vinu Jose are some of our rank holders. In 1981 and 1988 we got100% first class. We were awarded with “Best School” trophy on 2005-06.On District Sports meet held at 2006-07 we won aggregate first and on 2007-08 we got aggregate second. There are 1526 students in our high School and there are 24 divisions and 30 staff members. Its motto is sanctify the children sanctify the world.

History